Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Analyzing everything all the time may lead to madness

I've always got a kick out of how science and religion don't get along together. I don't understand either very well, but I've spent much of my life trying to make sense of both. How's that for good use of time?

In one we are asked to believe in something we can't see. In the other we are told to accept theories by people that didn't make the football team. There is so much in the world that our small brains don't have the ability to understand that it's no wonder we choose sides on everything and get angry with those who choose the opposite of us. I just think there's a lot more to the universe than what's taught in science class or Sunday school.

One of those concepts I've never been able to grasp even a little bit is fate. The word gets thrown around a lot, but basically it's synonymous with destiny or a pre-determined course of events. I don't believe in either. I don't think that fate has intelligence nor should people try to rely on it for any help. Make your own destiny or future. If you expect a word or other people to do it for you, I can assure you, you won't be happy with the results.

I have recently been blessed to become a grandfather for the fifth, six or seventh time. I'm not sure which. I had forgotten how much easier it is to hold seven pounds of child as opposed to the current 45 pounds I'm used to.

Our family was sitting around talking and baby worshiping this last weekend when I began to think (here we go again) about the circumstances involved for this new baby to have made it here. Of course the circumstances are different from everyone else's points of view, but mine are the only ones that 
matter... to me.

I asked the mom how she met the father (my son). She said she had met him through one of my daughters where my daughter was working at the time. Then, it hit me. She wouldn't have been working there if I wouldn't have been working there and encouraged her to do the same. I wouldn't have been working there if not for the influx of pheasant hunters to the area that requires the people here to work a little extra to serve them from time to time. Those hunters wouldn't be here if not for someone importing pheasants from China like a hundred years ago or something. So basically, a decision from over a century ago is what led to this new baby girl that I instantly fell in love with and will now drive halfway across the state to listen to cry and poop whenever the opportunity arises.

Whether or not you believe in, rely on or otherwise define a chain of events as fate, One small decision or action can and will unwittingly determine a lot of outcomes for numerous people in the future. Hopefully all with divine guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment